Contest Details 中文
Categories (Each participant can only join one category)
Family CategoryFor P.3 or lower form students of any registered primary school in Hong Kong and their parents (maximum 3 persons per team)
Senior Primary School CategoryFor P.4 to P.6 students of any registered primary school in Hong Kong
Secondary School CategoryFor students of any registered secondary school in Hong Kong
Open CategoryFor Hong Kong residents
Prizes for Each Category
ChampionAward Certificate and gift vouchers worth $6,000
1st Runner-upAward Certificate and gift vouchers worth $4,000
2nd Runner-upAward Certificate and gift vouchers worth $3,000
Outstanding Awards (17)Award Certificate and gift vouchers worth $600
- Participants shall, according to their specific category (Family, Senior Primary School, Secondary School & Open Categories), answer 20 questions about the Basic Law by completing and submitting the question sheets published by the organiser and distributed to schools and community organisations or downloaded from this website (photocopies are acceptable). Participants may also complete and submit the online application form after clicking the "Join Now" button of this website.
- Participants who have answered all 20 questions of the competition will have the chance of receiving a souvenir (while stocks last). Participants with the most number of correct answers will be selected by lot to attend the Final Competition.
- Each participant should only join the competition once (including Family Category) on an individual basis (excluding Family Category). For participants who have made more than one submission, only the initial submission will be valid and all subsequent submissions will be rejected.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organiser will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition.
- Participants give consent to all rules of the competition by submitting the application form.
Completed question sheets may be submitted to Hong Kong Economic Times, 8/F, Kodak House II, 321 Java Road, Hong Kong by post or in person on or before 22 February 2019 (postmark date) with "Basic Law Quiz Competition" marked on the envelope. Participants may also log into http://www.cpce.gov.hk/basiclaw2018-19 to answer the Basic Law questions and complete and submit the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on 22 February 2019 the latest (based on the time as shown on the event website system). Late submissions will not be considered.
- Enquiry hotline: 2880 2492
- Correct answers will be published online.
- Participants with the most number of correct answers and selected by lot will be notified to attend the Final-cum-Prize Presentation Ceremony.