Categories (Each participant can only join one category)
Family Category For students of P.3 or lower from any registered primary school in Hong Kong and their parents, 2 persons in total.
Senior Primary School Category For P.4 to P.6 students of any registered primary school in Hong Kong
Secondary School Category For students of any registered secondary school in Hong Kong
Open Category For all Hong Kong residents
Prizes for each Category
Champion(1 Place) Award Certificate and gift vouchers worth HK$6,000
1st Runner-up(1 Place) Award Certificate and gift vouchers worth HK$4,000
2nd Runner-up(1 Place) Award Certificate and gift vouchers worth HK$3,000
Outstanding Awards(11 Places) Award Certificate and gift vouchers worth HK$600
How to Join
Click the below links to answer the questions and submit online; or
Postal or in-person application
Fill in the application form distributed by the organising body or printed from the competition website and submit by post or in person to Hong Kong Economic Times, 8/F, Kodak House II, 321 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong (please indicate“Basic Law Quiz Competition” on the envelope).
Participants who have answered all 20 entry round questions of the quiz will have the chance of receiving a souvenir (while stock lasts). Participants with the highest scores in each category will be selected by ballot to attend the final cum prize presentation ceremony to compete for prizes.
- Each participant shall only join the competition once (including Family Category) on an individual basis (excluding Family Category). For participants who make more than one submission, only the first submission will be valid and all subsequent submissions will not be considered.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organiser will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition.
- Participants will be deemed to have accepted and bound by all rules of the competition by submitting the application form.
- 11:59pm on 30 December 2022 (For application forms submitted by post, the postmark date on the envelope shall be the date of submission. The organising body shall not be held responsible for any unsuccessful submissions due to loss, delay, misdelivery and insufficient postage, and participants shall bear full responsibility.)
- The results of the competition will be announced on the competition website (this website) in due course. Winners will be notified individually.
- For enquiries, please contact us at 2880 2492 or 2880 2499 during Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm.