The CPCE has set up the following sub-committees to promote civic education through different channels -
(Available in Chinese version only)
||Terms of Reference
|Civic Values, Corporate Citizenship and Management Sub-committee
- To establish and promote core civic values.
- To encourage the public to embrace positive values.
- To facilitate local enterprises and related organisations fulfilling responsibilities of corporate citizenship and support the partnership projects concerned.
- To advise on the management of operation, facilities, activities and exhibitions of the Civic Education Resources Centre.
- To recommend civic education publicity programmes to the Committee on the Promotion of Civic Education.
- To co-ordinate and implement civic education publicity activities, including production of civic education publications or printed materials.
- To monitor the progress and evaluate the effectiveness of various publicity activities.
|Research, Development and Community Participation Sub-committee
- To assist in the implementation of the Community Participation Scheme and the Co-operation Scheme with District Councils, vetting funding applications for individual civic education projects and evaluating the effectiveness of the schemes.
- To assist in the implementation of the Funding Scheme for Exchange in Belt and Road Countries, vetting funding applications and evaluating the effectiveness of the Funding Scheme.
- To liaise with and encourage community organisations to work in collaboration to promote civic education.
- To advise on studies relating to civic education.
|National Education Sub-committee
- To promote national education outside schools.
- To encourage all sectors of the community (including voluntary agencies, youth organisations, district and community organisations) to actively promote national awareness, and enhance public understanding of our country in various aspects (e.g. arts, culture and history).